***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Snack Bento Boxes for Kids

Summer is here, which in my house means a constant chorus of "Can I have a snack??"  It seems like every time I turn around my son is telling me he is hungry.  After awhile I run out of ideas to offer him.  I finally had an aha moment today and I think it may just save my sanity and his.


Ready-to-Eat Snack Bento Boxes




I made one "cold" box and one "hot" to be kept in the pantry and refrigerator.
I keep them low on a shelf where my son can help himself.

I explained that these are snacks he can choose from when he is hungry.
He can have 1 of anything in the box as long as he has asked permission.

This saves me from having to think up a snack on the spot and he is excited to be able to choose from a variety of foods.


Here is what I included in the "cold" box:

  • plums (already washed)
  • grapes (washed in individual bags)
  • mozzarella cheese sticks
  • cheddar cheese cubes
  • yogurt



Here is what I included in the "hot" box:


  • reduced fat Cheez-its (in individual bags)
  • Honey Teddy Grahams (in individual bags)
  • raisins (snack boxes)
  • fruit leathers
  • granola bars
  • popcorn
  • peanut butter crackers

Have you come up with any simple, sanity-saving, ideas lately??



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...