***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Organizing the Pinterest Way


I'm a little over half way through my pregnancy (EEK!) and I'm already feeling that intense nesting instinct. Maybe it's because Nash came so early, but I feel like I have to be ready, like, yesterday to pop this baby out. And now that my energy has come back to me I'm like a tornado tearing through my house. In the last 24 hours I have...cleaned the house, done 5 loads of laundry, stocked up at Costco, prepared Nash's wardrobe for Spring, emptied out and organized both mine and my husband's closets, stored away pre-pregnancy clothes, made a Goodwill drop off, organized my pantry, and had the hubby clean out and organize the garage. In the last 24 hours! I'm scared to see what kind of crash is coming behind this wave of energy. Thank goodness I've got a vacation coming up this weekend- I'm going to need it!
In the midst of this frenzy, I've been trying to come up with new and creative ways to organize the house in preparation for bringing another person in and all that comes with it. We don't have a ton of space and I know what we do have will quickly be eaten up by all the gear that comes with a new baby. As much as I like to think I'm a pretty streamlined person, with sleep deprivation and 2 children under the age of 2, I know that this place is going to be a disaster within minutes of coming home.
Here are some simple as well as "only-in-my-dreams" organization ideas I've been using for inspiration from Pinterest...


organize organize organize!
Pantry/cabinet "risers" help maximize your shelf space. I picked up some from Target for $5 each and doubled my kitchen storage space.

organize
This is my dream "mud room". Not only does it have all of the organization- hooks, cubbies, drawers, seating- but it's also stylish and flows with the rest of the house.
Organize
This is very simple and not so much for everyday, but I love it for entertaining and especially in the Spring/Summer. You could paint the pots yourself or use decorative ones that are in most stores now.  Depending on what type of pots you get, you could also use this for candy, toppings, or snacks!

organize.

This makes my little OCD heart happy. Now picture the complete opposite of this and you'll get an idea of what my pantry actually looks like.

Cereal box drawer organizer

Use cereal boxes for drawer organization- genius! You can use any size cereal box, cut off the bottom and then place them in the drawer that needs organizing. Done and done!


There you have it. A little snapshot into the mind of a nester. Hopefully I can implement some of these and the endless more ideas that can be found on Pinterest. Soon enough, Pinterest will be the only place in my life that's neat and organized! Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...