***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gifts for Teachers

Winter break begins this week or next for most Charlotte schools.  That means that our children's teachers are going to get a much-needed break.  Being a former teacher myself, I know how much teachers need this time to re-charge before heading into the second half of the school year.  Kids are buck wild the month of December so their teachers are counting down the days until break just as much as them!  Before they peel out of the parking lot we should all give them some gifts that will start their break off right!  I remember what was great to receive so here is a little list of ideas that you can find around Charlotte or still order in time!

**Local Spotlight**
If you haven't already figured this out, let me be the first to tell you that I love finding local people that make fun, creative, unique things.  I came across this next lady while looking for some personalized note cards.  I love finding things that I won't see a million other people with and thats exactly what DGInvites offers.  Darci is the owner and designer AND a stay-at-home mom who creates stationery, invitations, and any other custom project involving paper goods that you could think of.  Her work is colorful and tasteful with just enough spunk to make it stand out.  There are plenty of color, font, and design options to make your creation one-of-a-kind.

Although I am mentioning these cards specifically for a teacher gift they obviously would be great for a lot of people.  There are lots of cards that any female would love as well as really cute kid themed stationery.  And don't forget this shop for seasonal, birthday, and other special occasions...they do great invitations and announcements!  Here are some of my favorites and if one of them just happens to end up in my stocking, I will thank my husband for knowing exactly what to get me.  Hey, I have wrapped some presents to myself, from myself before so I am not kidding!!




*Orders can still be submitted for Christmas but please note that DGInvites will be closed for a little holiday break of their own starting Dec. 18th.  If you are local they will arrange pick ups.  If you do order for a teacher, keep in mind that turn around time will be about 5 days so get on it!


Now on to the rest of my list...

1.  Magazine subscriptions- Treat your teachers to a year's worth of their favorite magazine. If you aren't sure what they like choose one of these trusty selections:
Real Simple
Oprah
Martha Stewart Living
Southern Living


All of these can be ordered from Amazon.com right now for $20 or less (1 year subscription).  Buy a copy, wrap it, and add a nice note explaining that they will be receiving it for a year.  


2.  Classroom supplies- Sounds boring but it will be music to their wallets.  Most teachers end up spending a lot of their own money throughout the year on supplies so they will love gift cards to office supply stores, craft stores, or specific items from their classroom wish list.  


3.  Starbucks- If you spent all day with 20 rug rats you would need a lot of caffeine too!  Treat them to a gift card from Starbucks or Caribou.  Stop by Paper Skyscraper for one of these happy little mugs too and then they have something pretty to sip from and you have the perfect packaging for the gift card!


$13/each







4.  Ballard BagsAlthough you would have to order these immediately to get them in time, they make a great gift.  I have received 2 over the years and I LOVE them.  They are super durable and make great beach/shopping/toiletries/carry-on/gym, etc bags.  They have a whole rainbow of colors and the personalization options are endless.  If you order today you can have it rush shipped by Tuesday.  The bags are $32 before monogramming and shipping.  If you weren't planning to spend that much, maybe a group of parents will want to go in together.  




6.  Gift cards- Although they are not personal they make great gifts.  I for one loved receiving gift cards to treat myself to dinner, pedicures, shopping, or anything else.  It always felt like a great "thank you" when parents just wanted me to have a little cash to my favorite spots! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...