***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

FREE THINGS TO DO THIS WEEK 2/8-2/15

I know I have mentioned Discovery Place here many times but I am going to plug them once more because I think the place is that good.  I am not getting paid to say any of this either.  I asked my in-laws for a family membership instead of the usual gifts for Christmas and I am so glad I did.  We have just about gotten our money's worth out of these passes and we are only 2 months into the year.  For a lot of people driving downtown seems like a hassle but it is honestly not hard at all to get in and out of the museum.  The parking garage is right next door and it is clearly marked.  There is also a walkway directly from the garage to the museum.  I can't tell you one street name downtown and I am highly afraid of one-way streets and my driving abilities and I have made it there and back several times unharmed!  


I took the boys last Friday and we checked out lots of stuff.  We walked through the new RACE exhibit which was interesting for me but a little over their heads.  Still it gave me a chance to mention how we all have different skin colors but are all special.  You know...one of those talks you have where you feel like you are really a mom.  We also hung out in the Kids Science area which is my new best friend.  My 1 year old and 4 year old were completely entertained for a good hour and a half.  I got to sit and just stare at the wall...which might explain the weird looks from other moms but hey thats relaxing to me.  The toys were totally age appropriate and they are confined so you can truly sit back and relax.  Unless of course you are a little better than me and you actually play with your kids.  Hey, whatever floats your boat but definitely go check it out!  If you are still not convinced you may want to stay tuned later this week for a little incentive....just sayin!




Mint Museum (Randolph)
Art Studio Saturdays
Feb 12th, 10:00am-3:00 (drop in anytime)
Free with admission
Come drop-in to participate in family-friendly art projects.  All the supplies are provided but its your job to bring the creativity!  This week's project is paper dragons.


Wing Haven (Myers Park)
A Valentine's Gift from the Garden
Feb 10th, 3:45-4:45
Ages 5-7
Cost $10, registration required (see website for more details)
Come make a special gift for Valentine's Day!


Schiele Museum (Gastonia)
Pirates Madness & Mayhem
Feb 12th, 10:00am-4:00pm
Come enjoy the last day of the pirate exhibit.  There will be pirates in costume, indoor games, and a weapons demonstration.  Little boys will think they have died and gone to pirate heaven!

Harris YMCA (Southpark)




4th & 5th grade fun night
Feb 12th, 7:00-9:30pm
Cost $5 members, $7 guests *Check website for details on drop off, pick up, and dress code.
A safe and fun place for 4th and 5th graders to hang out, play games, listen to music, and get away from mom and dad for a little while! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...