***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mom Questionnaire: Ashley

Stats:
Name: Ashley Kirby    Age (optional):     30     Number of kids:    1

What was the biggest surprise to you after having a child(ren)?
How hard breastfeeding can be. Unfortunately, I was not one of the lucky people who had an easy time with it. It was an uphill battle for me from day one, and it never really got any easier. Branner was huge (9 lbs, 12 oz), we had latching issues and he was constantly hungry. I gave up after about 3 1/2 months. I pumped exclusively for about 3-4 weeks, but eventually, I was so worn out that I had to throw in the towel. I will try again, but man, I have never been so discouraged and exhausted over anything in my life!

What would you say has been your worst parenting moment?
Wow. In 19 short months, I have had several. One that stands out to me is a day back in March where I had a complete meltdown. I was trying to go to the Y, but Branner would not stop crying, so I missed my class. I can't remember all of the details (I tend to block traumatic experiences out of my memory), but that is one thing out of about 20 that went wrong that morning, and I just lost it. I cried and cried and cried. I said I didn't want to stay home with him anymore. I wanted to throw in the towel. I feel awful about that day. Oh, and on Mondays, his lunch usually consists of 2 free Harris Teeter cookies for lunch while I grocery shop after the Y.

Your best?
Hmmm. I'm super-critical of myself. Hard to say.

Best parenting advice you have ever received?
Choose your battles. Seriously, best advice ever when you have a toddler.

What has changed the most about your personal style since having kids?
It's more conservative and I wear flats more regularly. Other than that, not much. I LOVE fashion!


What is your day-to-day beauty regimen? 
Wash face, apply Vitamin C serum, mineral foundation, a little eyeliner on the outsides of my eyes, mascara and blush.

What is your favorite beauty product and why?
Bare minerals foundation. One dusting and redness, blemishes and dark undereye circles disappear.

If you could have back one luxury from your pre-kids days what would it be?
Since B sleeps a good 12 hours at night, I am able to get a decent night's sleep (as long as I get my butt off Facebook or turn off the TV early enough). So, I would have to say the luxury of not being on a schedule. I am a prisoner to meal times and nap times these days.

What is your favorite kid-friendly activity to do with your kids?
Hitting the park or the greenway and Discovery Kids. I was super-impressed with DK when we went for the first time a few weeks ago. It's perfect for the younger toddler set!


Your favorite thing about raising kids in Charlotte (or whatever city in which you live)?
We can jump in the car and go to ImaginOn or Discovery Kids on a whim. There are also many amazing parks and there are tons of festivals and special events to take part in. Storytimes, gymnastics classes, Kindermusik and art classes are abundant. It is easy to find something to do with your child(ren). I don't think I could survive mommyhood in a small town.

What word do you use way too much on any given day?
"No!!!" I feel like some days, that's all I say. Sigh.


Celebrity mom you can most see yourself hanging out with?
Jennifer Garner or Nicole Richie. Both take an extremely hands-on approach to parenting, which I love. I would die for Nicole's wardrobe. Maybe she would let me borrow stuff!


If you could have one super power that would help you be an even better mom what would it be?
PATIENCE. I am working on it, but it is definitely not my forte!

Favorite part of being a mom?
Hugs, kisses and smiles. I could be having the worst day ever, but seeing one sweet smile on Branner's face can make everything better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...