***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Smoothies...

We have been enjoying a new little treat around here: smoothies!  This past year my kids got hooked on the strawberry banana smoothies from McDonald's so I started thinking I should learn to make them.  I am a little embarrassed to even post my "recipe" because it is so easy!  I have been whipping these up each morning and my kids cannot get enough.  Its great, especially for those mornings where they just don't eat a thing...now I know I am sending them off with a full belly.  You can tailor your smoothie to your family's taste buds by choosing their favorite fruits and veggies.  To add a little immune boosting power try adding a vitamin-mineral powder like Emergen-C


Recipe:
*this is not an exact science but this makes about 3-4, 8oz. smoothies

handful of ice
1-2 cups of pineapple juice
2 cups frozen fruit
half banana
2 Tbs plain or vanilla yogurt









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...