***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pinning on a budget


Who doesn't love a bargain right?! I've always been a fan of finding the best deal out there without sacrificing style or my budget. And I'd like to think that by now I've pretty much mastered the art of stealing an idea or specific look and making it my own without having to lie to my husband about what it took to get there (well, almost never having to lie). In fact, I get a bigger kick out of the deal I've found than the actual item sometimes! My favorite places to bargain shop are sometime obvious- Forever 21, Marshalls, and Payless- but more times than not my biggest finds are discovered elsewhere- the farmers market, antique marts, and online. I like to start at the top, where the most unobtainable objects and ideas are, such as Women's Wear Daily (both a daily paper and online), and then find my way to the closest match which may very well be at a local boutique or even Craigslist. A perfect example of shopping the best without paying the most is the newer partnerships that are popping up between designer and retailer. Recent mega-successes have been between Versace for H&M and Missoni for Target. It's like they're reading my mind! I want it, I can't afford it, I shop at Target, and now it's at Target. It's the perfect chain of events! The only catch is that you have to be on top of this stuff! Missoni for Target was sold out in hours, crashed their websites, and crushed the hearts of millions who missed out on the signature zigzag pattern adorning everything from notebooks to bicycles. But don't despair. I am here to help. Ripped from the boards of Pinterest, here are the upcoming designers and styles to hit your local retailers just in time for a little Spring sprucing up.
          Womens Lela Rose for PaylessWomen's Mapleton T-Strap Wedge
Womens Lela Rose for PaylessWomen's Mapleton Printed T-Strap Wedge
Double T-Strap wedges from Lela Rose are a breath of fresh air after all of our heavy winter boots.

spring

spring
Jason Wu for Target is going to be the next Missoni madness. His fun and girly styles, not to mention the under $60 prices, will tempt everyone into the store. Check out the whole collection here
http://www.teenvogue.com/style/2012/01/jason-wu-target-collaboration#slide=1

 /
$99
 

Photo: WWD
Target isn't the only retailer in on the designer collaboration for less concept. On the heels of Giambattista Valli's recent collection (red dress above), Macy's is launching a line from Doo Ri Chung (sketch above) who has dressed the First Lady on occasion.
http://fashionista.com/2011/10/doo-ri-chung-is-the-next-guest-designer-at-macys/

That is just a little taste of what is headed our way this Spring. Thank goodness retailers and designers are finally catching onto the fact that even though you don't have deep pockets, you still appreciate good style at an affordable price. Other collaborations that are in the works are between Marni and H&M (March 2012, no pictures yet) and Target is revamping their whole shopping experience with the introduction of "The Shops at Target" which borrow from various designer collections and boutiques. Check out the link here


If you're following me on Pinterest, be sure to keep an eye out for my pins on these upcoming collaborations and more that are sure to be announced soon. Happy Pinning!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...