***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Goodbye Oprah...


Today is the final Oprah show.  Moment of silence please.

For 25 years this show has been on which means over half of my life.  I remember coming home from junior high and hating that my mom was hogging the tv to watch The Oprah Winfrey Show.  Every once in a while I would watch too but only when someone really interesting was on like, The New Kids on the Block or M.C. Hammer.  Through high school I would watch a little more often because I enjoyed the makeovers or cheating husband stories.  When I graduated and left home for college Oprah was a comforting reminder of home each afternoon.  And as I became an adult I finally started realizing why my mom watched it all those years.  I have learned a lot from other mother's on her show and also just from Oprah herself.  Above all I have treasured the entertainment of it on those afternoons when I had just become a mom and felt a million miles from the rest of the world.  

Along with her hair, Oprah's show topics improved over time and eventually became a staple of my afternoons.  Sounds cheesy but I always feel like I walk away having learned something new.  Sometimes the lessons were real "a-ha moments" other times it was just simple life advice, like never jump up and down on a couch.  

I wish so much that I had been able to sit in her audience just once.  Especially on the Favorite Things episode!!  The Oprah Show really has been a great part of my life and I couldn't let this day pass without saying a little something.  Oprah is an inspiration and there really never will be a show like hers.  I will miss you Oprah!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...