***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Knew I was a Mom When....

In honor of Mother's Day coming up here are some instances in which I have really felt like a mom:

  • When I had to kiss someone's boo boo.  Not just pretend but really kiss a nasty scrape.  Gross.
  • When I had to rub my child's back while he threw up even while I gagged, breathed through my mouth, and silently tried to think about daisies and butterflies.
  • When I licked my finger and wiped something off my child's face.
  • When I have realized their was poo on my hand while changing a nasty diaper and didn't think twice about it.  On numerous occasions.  Several days a week.
  • When I have touched something in my house and gotten a booger on my hand....thats not mine.
  • When I have gone to bed with unfolded laundry on my couch, legos under my bed, and a sink full of dishes.
  • When I have considered ripping a random three year old a new one because they told my child he is not their friend.  
  • When I have pulled up at preschool only to realize I didn't pack a lunch BUT was able to fashion one out of the contents of my car.
  • When I started viewing my dog as more of a vacuum cleaner/garbage disposal than a pet.
  • When my mental checklist before a trip went from lip gloss, sun glasses, and purse to passy, blankets, and diaper bag.
  • When I left hall lights on and reassured my child that their are not monsters in our house.
  • When I used phrases such as: think before you speak, be nice to your brother, if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all, and I am not your maid.
  • When I was able to change a dirty diaper with nothing but dry paper towels and a toilet seat cover.
What was your moment??

1 comment:

  1. *I couldn't figure out what stunk in my house until I realized I had throw up down my back.
    *I didn't mind being used as a teething toy.
    *I could change a diaper and sheet at once. In the dark. Without waking the baby.
    *I could go to bed at 8pm and STILL be tired the next day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...