***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Last Minute Cinco De mayo Party....



I forgot all about Cinco De Mayo this week and though it is not really a US holiday it is special to me because it includes Corona, salsa, guacamole, and oh yeah I got engaged on May 5th!  I really wanted to do something festive this year just for our family and I think I may just pull it off.  Here is my plan and some tips if you would like to create a last minute fiesta for your family.  


What you need:

  • The set up
    • your backyard/deck/patio
    • a table and chairs
    • table cloth
    • any festive decorations
    • cooler/ice bucket


  • The food
    • chips and salsa (click for an easy DIY recipe)
    • guacamole (click for an easy recipe)
    • fajitas, burritos, quesadillas, tacos...whatever dish that ends in-as or -os!
    • churros (click for a recipe for you go-getters!) OR
    • make these easy, peasy treats
    • Coronos on ice with a lime!!

Let the kids get involved and help mix up the salsa or let them dress their tacos.  Make it a fun night and when you put the ninas and ninos to bed, kick back and enjoy an nice cold Corona!  Ay yi yi!

If you don't have outdoor furniture you can set up a little dining area like I did.  I had a table on hand and I am considering leaving it set up all summer long so the kids and us can treat ourselves to dinner al fresco!  (Target carries a similar table in-stores for $30!)

Check out our Cinco De mayo partay:











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...