***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lauren Alexander: Mom Questionnaire...

Stats:
Name: Lauren Alexander Age (optional): a very young 33 Number of kids: 1

What was the biggest surprise to you after having a child(ren)?
Not everyone begins motherhood with their child in the hospital for 6 weeks?! No really, that I had absolutely no control over anything. Couldn't make him sleep, couldn't make him eat, couldn't stop acting crazy...the surprises were endless.

What would you say has been your worst parenting moment?
When I threw a full bottle of breast milk against a wall, broke the bottle, and milk went everywhere. No joke, I went to the doctor that very day and got on Zoloft.

Your best?
When Nash was a few days old and in the NICU I couldn't even hold him at the time. But I would go and sit beside his little bed for hours in hopes that just my presence would just make him stronger and come home soon.

Best parenting advice you have ever received?
New motherhood advice: Don't stress yourself if you can't or don't want to breastfeed.
Parenting advice: They react to how you act.

What has changed the most about your personal style since having kids?
I have little to no style anymore. I used to pride myself on being stylish everyday and now I'm thrilled to dress up once a month for girls night or date night. I feel very good about my "style" these days if I am not wearing something stretchy.

What is your day-to-day beauty regimen? 
I slather myself in anti-aging creams at night and sunscreen during the day in hopes of reversing the 30 years worth of damage I've done to myself. If I'm planning on seeing friends that I don't want to scare away I put on a little make up but if it's just a lazy day at home or out running errands, make up is last on my list.

What is your favorite beauty product and why?
Sunscreen. If you knew me back in the day you probably just laughed out loud but seriously I'm trying be more sun savvy these days and not look like Nash's grandma in 10 years.

If you could have back one luxury from your pre-kids days what would it be?
Time, time, time. I would love to be on my own schedule and not someone else's for just one day. I used to wonder why my sisters (with children) were so bitter about me (pre-child)having brunch and mimosas on a beautiful Saturday. Now I know.

What is your favorite kid-friendly activity to do with your kids?
Anything outdoors- park, beach, lake. If it's outdoors I find that both Nash and I are much happier, easygoing folks. Plus, in Seattle it's not a given that you can always be outside so on the days that we can be we soak it up.

Your favorite thing about raising kids in Charlotte (or whatever city in which you live)?
I live in Seattle and it is almost endless the things you can do and the places you can go in a day. This city is incredibly kid-friendly and nearly has it all- lakes, mountains, trails, museums, playgrounds, festivals. The list really is endless. We've lived here almost a year and have barely done anything twice.

What word do you use way too much on any given day?
The same one probably any mother does- "NO!" I have actually challenged myself lately to find other ways to say "no" but it's so hard in the moment. The scary thing is he's barely 15 months old and I'm already tired of hearing myself repeat this word.

Celebrity mom you can most see yourself hanging out with?
That's a tough one because they all seem so well-rested and endlessly stylish. I'd probably say Bethenney and her little girl because Nash and her were both preemies born on the same day so maybe there's a love connection there. Plus, Bethenney might be the only person in the world more sarcastic than me as well as the fact that she makes a mean margarita.

If you could have one super power that would help you be an even better mom what would it be?
PATIENCE!! At the end of every day I think about all the times that day I should have just taken a breath and walked away instead of getting so worked up. I wish that I could stay more level headed in the moment and look at the big picture to realize that a tantrum or screaming fit isn't the end of the world.

Favorite part of being a mom?
Watching my little boy, who has gone up against some tough things in his short little life, do so many things that lots of people told us he might not be able to. To sit back and watch him climb mountains that he never even knew were there. Being a mom has taught me that anything is truly possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...