***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mom Questionnaire: Angie

Stats:
NameAngie Wilson              Age (optional):  35                    Number of kids: 2

What was the biggest surprise to you after having a child(ren)? That they didn’t come with a manual. Seriously, when my husband and I took our son to his 2 day check up we told them the hospital forgot to give us instructions on how to raise a baby. We really thought they would have sent us home with instructions on how often to change their diapers, how much they should drink, what each cry meant ect… We laugh about it now, but we were seriously clueless! The sleep deprivation was also hard. When I was pregnant everyone would say enjoy your sleep now, but I had no clue how much they really meant that. My son was colic and never slept, so we had 13 months of very little sleep! (and 4-5 of those months I was pregnant with my daughter)

What would you say has been your worst parenting moment? Like most moms, I have a few, but one thing I still have a lot of practicing to do, is to not yell at my kids. I try so hard to be patient with them, but after awhile of them whining, fighting, asking the same question 50 times in 1 minute I end up losing it and yelling at them.

Your best? The day I enrolled both kids into a MMO program. This is one of the best things I’ve done for myself and my kids. Their school is at a church so they incorporate so much more than just the basic learning skills. They also enjoy playing with their friends and burning energy. This time gives me a break to relax, run errands, and just have “Me” time, which in return, makes me a better mom and happier kids!

Best parenting advice you have ever received? To enjoy your kids while they are young, b/c they grow up too fast. To embrace all those sleepless nights while they are babies, b/c one day you will have sleepless nights worrying about where your child is, what they are doing, and when will they be home. To hold, hug, and love on your kids any chance you get, b/c one day they are not going to want you to touch them or even be in the same room with them and to play with them, even if you don’t want to, b/c one day they are going to want to play with their friends and not their mom.

What has changed the most about your personal style since having kids? I actually think I have more style now than I did before kids. Before I was a mom, I was living pay check to pay check, so I would rather spend any extra money I had on going out and not on clothes. Now the kids and I are always on the go and doing something everyday. I love to buy simple pieces, and then buy a lot of fun jewelry to dress the pieces up and change the look, depending on my mood and where we are going. I always where comfy shoes, usually flip flops in the summer, b/c my kids are like herding deaf blind mice, they scatter in every direction.

What is your day-to-day beauty regimen?  I discovered the Obagi Nu Derm system and it has made my skin look and feel better than it ever has! I use the system twice a day, morning with SPF and night with a Retin- A. I try to put makeup on and do my hair every day, b/c if I take the time to look decent, I’m usually in a better mood.

What is your favorite beauty product and why? My Smashbox photo primer. I’ve been using this for years, have cheated and tried others, but I always go back to this one. No others compare, in my opinion. I use it alone, when going to the gym, b/c it evens out my skin and gives me a flawless look. When I use it under my makeup, it makes my makeup go on smooth and last longer. I will go to the grave with this product! I also love my Tantasia by Jane Iredell. It’s one of the best self tanners I’ve found. The smell isn’t bad at all and it goes on smooth and even, even over your elbows, ankles and knees!

If you could have back one luxury from your pre-kids days what would it be? My quiet  alone time. Although I’m getting more and more as my kids get older, I still miss doing something on a whim or just sitting in a quiet house eating a meal.

What is your favorite kid-friendly activity to do with your kids? My kids love Museums and Science Centers. They also love the Mall b/c of the carousel, kids play area, train tables, quarter rides, elevators etc…

Your favorite thing about raising kids in Charlotte (or whatever city in which you live)? I’ve raised my kids in 2 cities so far. One big, one small. When living in Cary, right outside of Raleigh, it was nice to have anything and everything we could think of doing within a 20 minute drive. Being in Hickory, where I grew up, it’s nice to be near family.

What word do you use way too much on any given day? Calm down. My son is a very energetic child, and my daughter does whatever her big brother does so I have to remind them to calm down a lot. Of course now, when I’m stressed out or yelling, my kids tell me to calm down.

Celebrity mom you can most see yourself hanging out with? Tori Spelling. I love watching her realty shows and seeing she and her kids are just like the rest of us with the same concerns, stresser, etc..she just has more money. Her kids are close to the age of my kids, so I think we would have a lot to talk about. We are friends on Facebook and I was one of the first to know she was pregnant again, so I think we are already like BFF’s.

If you could have one super power that would help you be an even better mom what would it be? Like everyone else Patience!

Favorite part of being a mom? I actually love it all,(minus the talking back, attitudes, tantrums, etc..) but it has also opened my eyes up to a whole new world. I realize now I’m just starting to live life, now that I’m a mom!

1 comment:

  1. I feel every parent much answer these question! simple superb and million thanks for sharing this with me! shared this with my wife now!
    Questionnaire

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...