***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Thursday, January 27, 2011

momsie: STYLE part 1

momsie: STYLE
1 piece, 2 looks
To kick off the new Thursday theme I am going to do a little project entitled: 1 piece, 2 looks.  This idea came to me at midnight (as always!) after a trip to West Elm.  I jokingly tell my husband all the time that I am going to get a part time job there because I love the store so much.  I want to literally move in the store because it is how I picture the decor in my dream home. There are so many times that I find things there, and other places, that I can totally envision in a room.  Problem is, is that this room usually doesn't exist in my house.  I have seriously tried to convince my husband that we should do a complete renovation of our kitchen based on one bowl.  Or that we should rip up all of the upstairs carpet to accommodate a rug.  Or that we should move altogether because we need an official guest room for the picture frame I just found.  Needless to say he has not jumped at my suggestions.  

Now I have devised the perfect plan: I convince him that we need the item for my blog.  I have to have it for a Thursday post, right?  Right.  Well it worked this time so we'll see how it goes.  I fell in love with these sequined bunnies and could just see them in a little girl's room.  Obviously with 2 sons this is not likely to be in my house so I've decided to pass the inspiration to someone who does actually have a daughter.  I started with 1 piece and created 2 rooms.  I need someone to fulfill my dreams and make one of these rooms happen.  And if you do please share a picture with me!  (If someone really does want the bunny bookends, I will be willing to part with them...shoot me an email!)




I bought two...

so there would be a set of bookends
*I really made it in real life but this is just
a representation in the picture


The bunnies make adorable bookends and would be great accessories in a variety of rooms.  Here are two versions I came up with...

Untitled

Untitled by MOMSIE featuring socks
IVAN Neutral Glass Wall mirror
50 GBP - habitat.co.uk


Serena & Lily | Ben Crib Bedding Collection for Baby Nursery
$395 - serenaandlily.com
*This price represents a whole collection, NOT just a can of paint.  Just giving you an idea of color!

Rainbow zigzag stripe fabric, BACKGROUND picture By donna
$12 - warmbiscuit.com
*I used it to represent a rug but I am sure you could find something similar.

Sock Bunny - HearthSong
hearthsong.com
Socks »

Case Crib by NettoCollection
nettocollection.com


gruszka
hiszpanski.crib.pl




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...