***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

7 or Less (week 3)...

Tuesday is the new Monday this week!  As we all know life can throw you some curve balls.  We got the unexpected call this weekend that my husband's grandmother died.  I hate that I am reaching an age that losing close relatives will be more and more common.  But, I know I should also be very grateful that I haven't had to deal with that kind of loss much up until now.  His grandmother had 9 children, 32 grandchildren, and 42 great-grandchildren!!  The church was full and I can only hope that I will leave behind such great memories for my own children.  If I an get a copy of this poem read at her funeral I am going to post it.  She wrote it in the sixties and I was struck by how much her words about motherhood could be coming from any one of us today.

But we are back and our week will be in full swing today!  I wanted to give you all a "7 or Less" recipe for the week so here goes.  This one is one of my favorite summer meals.  I am not sure where it originally came from but I got it from my mom.  It is so light and tangy and perfect with some crusty bread!

Summer Tortellini  
1.  cheese tortellini
2.  1 chopped tomato
3.  Asparagus (steamed or canned)
4.  chopped, cooked chicken breasts (2-3)
5.  1 Tbs olive oil
6.  3 Tbs red wine vinegar
7.  1 tsp. mustard (I prefer brown)
sugar, salt & pepper

*Also good with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top!

Recipe:
Cook tortellini, drain.
In a separate bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, and sugar.
Add the tomatoes, asparagus, and chicken to the tortellini.  Pour the liquid over the pasta and add salt and pepper to taste.




1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely making this!!! Thanks for posting! Do you mind if I link this article to my recipe blog?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...