***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Monday, June 20, 2011

7 or Less (week 5)...

I have to admit that when it comes to seafood I am worse than a toddler.  I do not eat anything that comes from the ocean unless the seaweed wrapper on my veggie sushi roll counts.  Oh, and the crab rangoon dip at Cowfish is de.li.cious!!!  Otherwise I am like a child, turning up my nose at the smell of fish.  This limits our meal options and I really don't want to pass this on to my kids.  I know seafood can be really healthy for you and I am determined to mature a little in this area.  So I am offering a new recipe that uses, gasp, shrimp.  I promise to actually make this too.  And to at least try a bite before I push my plate away.  Otherwise no dessert for me.


Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Skewers
1. About 12 jumbo shrimp
2.  8 slices (uncooked) turkey bacon
3.  1 cucumber, sliced
4.  Cherry tomatoes
salt & pepper

Recipe:
Wrap shrimp in bacon
Alternate shrimp, tomato, cucumbers on the skewer
Sprinkle with S&P
Grill or broil for 4 minutes on each side
(serves 4)

I apologize for not siting my source for this recipe but I can't find it!  I have seen many similar ones though that suggests marinating the shrimp first or using a chipotle seasoning. Check those links if you want to spice it up a bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...