***If you have made your way back to Momsie, I am so glad you found us! We had some technical issues with the domain name so make note of the new web address. Another good reason to "follow" us and "like" us on Facebook so you can stay in the know!! Pass the word to people still searching for Momsie!***

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Nursery Tour: Drew

Ding! Ding! Ding! Round 3!  Not that these nursery tours are a competition, but if they were I would be seriously stumped for a winner.  Today I bring you Lauren and Drew.  Lauren is the mom who is starting her own interior design business and I may be first in line after seeing this room.  If someone could look in my mind and see my visions for a little girl's room this may well be what it would look like.  Shoot, I would take it for my own room but I don't think my husband would be into it.  The cherry on top is that Drew is her daughter and I am a sucker for unisex names.  She is so cool already and at 4 months doesn't even know it yet.  


1.  What was the look you were going for?
I wanted something bright and fun that would incorporate some of the
vintage accessories i already had. The green lamp is from Sleepy Poet
and the chandelier is from an antique show.



2.  What was your inspiration behind the room?
The poster collage that hangs above the changing table. My mom made it
when she was in junior high, and it somehow survived years at my
grandparents' house and later hung on my wall in high school. I love
it because it's so retro.



3.  Describe the room in 3 words.
Baby to big-girl



4.  What is your favorite part of the room?
The "you are my sunshine" print.



5.  Hit any road blocks when trying to decorate the room?
The walls are the same color as when the room was a guest room. I
debated for weeks about whether to repaint, but I'm glad I didn't.

6.  Total price of the room
a. less than $500
b. more than $500 but less than $1000
c. more than $1000 but less than $5000

d.  more than I want to disclose
I'd rather not say, but it was definitely done on a small budget.



7.  Any do-it-yourself projects in the room
Not really.



8.  How do you envision transitioning from this room to a big boy/girl room or will you just start all over?
Just take out the crib and replace it with a kids art table or a
couple bean bag chairs!  The changing table can be used as a dresser
for years to come.








2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...